Apply to LYHS
LYHS accepts applications from youth 16-21 years of age who reside within the city of Chicago. All applicants must have graduated from the 8th grade and must be able to complete all graduation requirements by the age of 21. If a student turns 21 during the school year, he/she may remain active that year only. LYHS has a multi-step admission process which includes an on-site interview to ensure the student and the school are a good match. Students can schedule an interview either over the phone, through this website, or in person by coming to our office at 2001 S. California Ave.
A student’s parents or legal guardians should accompany them at the time of interview. Students should bring the following documentation with them at the time of the interview. All documentation must be submitted before a student can be admitted to LYHS.
- A copy of your birth certificate
- A copy of your social security card (if you have one)
- A picture ID (State ID or driver’s license)
- Parental proof of income (Recent check stub or public aid card)
- Proof of residency (Utility bill – either gas or electric)
- A copy of your transcripts from your previous high school
- An official release/withdrawal form from your previous high school
- A copy of your current health records, including immunization records
- A copy of the most recent cell phone bill for both the student and their parent/guardian
Once all seats are filled, LYHS uses a lottery system to place students if additional space becomes available. As a campus of Youth Connection Charter School (YCCS), LYHS operates at all times in accordance with Charter Schools Law and all other applicable federal and state laws. LYHS does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, national origin, religion, ancestry, marital status, disability, academic performance or the need for special education services. By law, LYHS conducts a lottery for the enrollment of any new student.
All waiting/lottery applications are entered on the web lottery program administered by YCCS. Lotteries are conducted on a quarterly basis following the quarterly enrollment schedule provided by the YCCS Accountability Department. For more information on the lottery, please contact our registrar at (773) 648-2130.