Latino Youth High School (LYHS) seeks to challenge students with rigorous academics and relentless support so that they can recast themselves as resilient, empowered adults who will succeed in high school, college, and beyond. We’re looking for a teacher who believes that ALL students can learn and who has the skills and mindset to make it happen!
Latino Youth High School offers Chicago area students a second chance to obtain a high school diploma. Our charter school incorporates a student-centered approach emphasizing individualized instruction coupled with additional support services such as parenting groups for young mothers, counseling, and leadership development. LYHS provides a safe and respectful environment for young persons who have not found success in larger, more traditional schools. LYHS is a campus of the Youth Connection Charter School (YCCS) with additional funding and services provided by the Alternative Schools Network (ASN).
Overview: Latino Youth High School (LYHS) seeks a rock star English teacher to join our team of educators. Must hold an active Illinois professional educators license (PEL) with an endorsement in English Language Arts and the belief that ALL students can learn!
Duties may include but are not limited to:
• Create engaging lessons to implement Common Core State Standards
• Create weekly lesson plans based on the curriculum that provide the appropriate modifications and accommodations to meet the needs of all students.
• Design and implement assessments that measure progress towards academic standards.
• Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues; and participate in staff orientation and training.
• Experienced and knowledge of project-based learning
• Connects daily objectives to real-world issues in order to develop the students’ critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Education: At least a Bachelor’s degree, a current Illinois professional educators license (PEL) and an endorsement in English Language Arts (Type 09). ESL endorsement a plus!