High School Math Teacher Needed!
Latino Youth High School (LYHS) seeks to challenge students with rigorous academics and relentless support so that they can recast themselves as resilient, empowered adults who will succeed in high school, college, and beyond. We’re looking for a math teacher who believes that ALL students can learn and who has the skills and mindset to make it happen!
Latino Youth High School (LYHS) offers Chicago area students a second chance to obtain a high school diploma. Our Level 1 charter school incorporates a student-centered approach emphasizing individualized instruction coupled with additional support services such as on-site counseling, mentoring, and leadership development. LYHS provides a safe and respectful environment to young persons who have not found success in larger, more traditional schools. Latino Youth is a campus of the Youth Connection Charter School (YCCS) with additional funding and services provided by the Alternative Schools Network (ASN).
Overview: Latino Youth High School (LYHS) seeks a rock star math teacher to join our team of educators. Must hold an active Illinois professional educators license (PEL) with an endorsement in Mathematics (9-12) and the belief that ALL students can learn!
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Create engaging lessons to implement Common Core State Standards
- Create weekly lesson plans based on the curriculum and provides the appropriate modifications and accommodations to meet the needs of all students.
- Design and implement assessments that measure progress towards academic standards.
- Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues; and participate in staff orientation and training.
- Connects daily objectives to real-world issues in order to develop the students’ critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with project-based instruction, computer programming, or STEM education is a plus.
Contact: Please send your resume, cover letter, and a copy of your Illinois license to email@example.com.